Saturday, April 26, 2014

Week 6: Hunter Hayes

Sometimes it's fun to just splurge on a date, and that is just what we did this week!! I give this date $$$$ because after tickets, dinner, and paying our babysitter it was just over $100 (I know I cringe when I think about it too!). We did purchase the tickets a while ago though, so it wasn't really so much at once.

We started off by going to Sonic for dinner. Something fast to pick up on our way to the concert.


We did eat and drive. The concert was at the World Arena, so we really didn't have far to travel. We always park outside of the World Arena, in the back of the Tinseltown parking lot (Why pay? It's only a short walk, and the exercise does us good!). Walking up to the World Arena, I can't tell you how many teens we saw (I guess he is popular with teenage girls and pre-teens), but I didn't care! I was so excited!


We went inside, had our tickets scanned, and found our seats. Our seats weren't too bad actually. We talked, and were anxious for the concert to start. 


The first opening band was Dan + Shay. I had never heard of them, but I am always excited to hear new music. They were actually pretty good! I wouldn't mind getting some of their songs from iTunes.




After Dan + Shay there was a bit of time while they reset the stage. We decided to take some more pictures to capture our excitement. 


Up next was Danielle Bradbery. Greg is a big fan of The Voice, and an even bigger fan of Blake Shelton, so he was super excited to see one of the singers Blake Shelton had coached. I did enjoy her music, but she seemed a little nervous up on stage (could you blame her?). 




Then it was finally time for Hunter Hayes!! We tried to contain ourselves, but we couldn't!!!!!


Of course we also had to make sure we got our "Duck Face" picture in (seems like that is the trend if you are out somewhere). 


Hunter Hayes was an AMAZING performer! He had awesome stage presence and kept the audience captivated the entire performance. My favorite song by him is "Wanted", and I was so bummed because I was planning on getting a video of him singing this. Unfortunately my phone died before he sang that song. (All those "selfies" I guess). 


For the record, that song was by far my favorite performance of the night! He also sang a new song from his upcoming album, Story Line. The song was called "Still Falling". It was beautiful and I look forward to playing that song at our 50th anniversary party (oh yes, I have thought about this). 


I will say, I did forget how LOUD indoor concerts were, and our ears were ringing when we were on our way out. 



This was so fun! I loved getting out and doing something we don't typically get to do anymore. I loved singing along to the songs while holding the hand of the love of my eternity!! Every time I looked over at him he would flash his smile and it was as if we were the only two in the arena with these wonderful artists serenading us! I felt like a teenager again (Oh and did I mention this was on a school night?!?! So, I felt like a REBEL teenager at that!).
 Music always seems to have this affect on me that plays with my emotions. I love my husband, but if there is a love song playing in the background, it seems as if that love is a bit more amplified. Does that make sense? 

Concerts have always been something we enjoyed doing together so we hope to do more in the future, if a performer we both enjoy happens to come along. 















1 comment:

  1. Of course that makes sense. :)
    I go to a lot of concerts with Michael-- though, granted, they're more of the formal/classical type-- and when the music is so lovely that we're both just melting in it, it's all the better because we're enjoying it together.
    I love these date ideas! Keep them coming! I love how in love you two are, it's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete