Sunday, April 20, 2014

Week 5: China Date

Back in February for Valentines Day I gave Greg a gift that would last a whole year! I got the idea from The Dating Divas (They are fabulous!)! I set it up so each month we would "visit" a different destination around the world. I printed a passport (where he gets to put stamps for every destination we "visit").



I have a website where I can print fake plane tickets, and we do different activities based on where our destination for the month happens to be. It's been a lot of fun! 


Our first destination was to France, in March we visited Ireland, and now in April our trip was to China. 


This date we did spend a little bit of money ($) due to picking up Chinese take out. I got beef and broccoli and Greg tried the orange chicken. We also got some egg drop soup to share. We meant to eat our dinner with chop sticks, but we forgot to ask for them when we went to pick up our dinner. (Bummer).


While enjoying our dinner we listened to some oriental music on Youtube, just to try and make the experience more authentic. 

After dinner we Googled the Chinese alphabet and attempted to write each other love letters using the alphabet. I'm not sure if we did this correctly, but it was fun writing them and then trying to decode them. 


Mine was pretty short, but I think it got the message across. 


Greg was a little more ambitious! :)

Can you figure out what they each say?! 








No comments:

Post a Comment