Sunday, April 13, 2014

Week 4: Read Together

Hello everyone! This week we had a pretty low key date. The good news is that it was absolutely FREE! We took some time to just read together. No T.V., no phones. Just my man, me, and a book.

For those of you who know my husband, he is super laid back and is pretty much up for anything. I was totally kidding around with him when I suggested we read Twilight, or a Nicholas Sparks (my favorite author) selection, but Greg was all for it. :) He makes me smile.

I decided not to subject him to my love for total sappy love story novels, and we decided on the book Matched by Ally Condle. I have read this book once before and just loved it!


Unfortunately this blog post is going to be rather short, due to our date being short. We started out where I would read a chapter and then he would. I started, Greg read chapter 2, and by the end of chapter 3 my sweet husband was laying next to me snoring away. I am convinced it was because he was exhausted, not because he was bored. ;) 

This date was great because it was free, and we were able to just relax in the comfort of our own home. However, we both decided we probably wont do this one again until our kiddos are a bit older. After tending to the needs of the babies when they go to bed, staying up can be rather hard (especially if we are doing a relaxing activity such as reading.) It would be nice to see if we can get further in the book and eventually finish it together...I suppose we will have to see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment